IM - Renal Division
Medical Director, Nephrology Transplant Program
Barnes Jewish Hospital/Washington University Kidney Transplant Program
Medical Director: Kidney Transplant Nephrologist Position
The Transplant Program at Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Washington University is a national leader in kidney transplantation and is one of the largest and most experienced teams in the nation. The nephrology division has been consistently ranked among the best in the nation by U.S. News and World Report. Since 1963, the program has transplanted over 3,000 patients. The Medical Director of the Kidney Transplant Program will be responsible primarily for the clinical care of patients, clinical research, and instruction of students, residents, fellows, and colleagues. These duties are outlined below.
- Attend on the inpatient renal transplantation and solid organ consult services approximately 3-4 months out of the year.
- Attend the renal transplantation clinics.
- Teach surgical and medical students, residents
- Develop and participate in new and ongoing clinical research studies including translational or outcomes research.
- Develop collaborative investigative projects with the clinical basic science community at Washington University and mentor junior faculty for career development.
- Develop community associations; to expand the renal transplant program and to educate the community regarding organ donation and renal transplantation.
The qualifications for this position are a M.D. degree with specialization in Internal Medicine, sub-specialization in Nephrology, and preferably additional sub-specialization in Transplant Nephrology. A generous compensation package including research startup funds will be provided to the successful recruit.
Please submit your letter of interest and CV for immediate consideration to:
Benjamin Humphreys, MD, PhD
Joseph Friedman Associate Professor of Renal Diseases in Medicine
Division Chief, Division of Nephrology
660 South Euclid Avenue, Box 8126
Saint Louis, MO 63110
An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Washington University seeks an exceptionally qualified and diverse faculty; women, minorities, protected veterans and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.