Department of Anesthesiology
Associate Professor/Full Professor
Director of Acute Care Innovation Research
The Director of Acute Care Innovation Researchwill work closely with the Division Chief of the Division of Clinical and Translational Research, the Associate Vice Chair for Innovation, the Vice Chair for Innovation, and other departmental leaders to plan, direct, coordinate research activities related to technology, telemedicine, and innovation within the department. The focus of this leader will be to provide population, organizational, and patient-level data, analysis and decision support to advance innovative, often technology-related, initiatives for thedepartment. Responsibilities will include collaborating with Epic1 team, WUIT and clinical asset management to assist in developing effective and efficient workflows in providing patient care and advancing innovation that aligns with the strategic goals of the department. This role will also manage statistical modeling to assist operational changes and work with QA/QI initiatives in the innovation areas within the department.
- Ph.D. degree in one of the following quantitative disciplines : informatics, computer science, data science, epidemiology, biostatistics, or mathematics and additional work-related experience in any of those areas.
- Substantial leadership experience in clinical and/or translational research.
- Familiarity with electronic health records and administrative data sets.
- Proven track record of major scientific accomplishment, as reflected in scientific publications, federal funding, and leadership of research projects.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Understanding of technology, innovation, and telemedicine, and relevant research experience in these areas.
The department is strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and recognizes that there is a long history of systemic prejudice in academic institutions. We welcome applicants from different backgrounds and with various life experiences. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Michael Avidan (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chair of the department.
No end date
An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. It is the university’s policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran status, disability, or genetic information. Washington University seeks an exceptionally qualified and diverse faculty; women, minorities, protected veterans and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.