Program in Physical Therapy
Faculty Research and Teaching Opportunity with the Program in Physical Therapy at Washington University School of Medicine
The Program in Physical Therapy at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis is expanding its stellar research, education, and clinical missions. We invite nominations and applications for 12-month research and teaching faculty positions at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor level. We seek innovative researchers and educators who can contribute to the discovery, dissemination, and implementation of evidence in the sciences related to human movement. Physical therapy licensure or eligibility for licensure is not required. We are interested in candidates that have physiology or exercise physiology training and expertise. The purpose of the current search is to review and consider potential candidates with long-term planning of our faculty needs in mind. Thus, we will consider potential candidates at any stage of their academic training.
- PhD or equivalent degree
- Postdoctoral training or relevant research experience of at least two years
- Research excellence as demonstrated by publications, extramural funding, and the desire and potential to participate in nationally/internationally recognized research
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse students and colleagues
- Demonstrates integrity, creativity, commitment, decisiveness, humility, and a sense of humor
- Teaching and service expectations will be appropriately balanced with research commitments
- Potential for collaboration and secondary appointment with other departments and schools is high
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with credentials and experience. Competitive start-up package commensurate with the candidate's qualifications and needs are available with this position. For more information about the Program in Physical Therapy and Washington University, visit our website at https://pt.wustl.edu/.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as received. Additional applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications should include a cover letter, 1-2 page research statement, curriculum vitae, 1 page diversity statement, and the names and contact information of three references. Materials must be submitted online at https://facultyopportunities.wustl.edu/.
Catherine E. Lang PT, PhD
No end date
An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. It is the university’s policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran status, disability, or genetic information. Washington University seeks an exceptionally qualified and diverse faculty; women, minorities, protected veterans and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.