Department of Orthopedic Surgery
Faculty (full-time). Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, WUSM, Orthopaedic Surgery
Clinical: Clinical responsibilities of this position include developing a full-time PM&R academic clinical practice.
• Washington University enjoys strong brand awareness and has a reputation for providing premier clinical care regionally and nationally.
• The PM&R division at Washington University Orthopedics has a regional, national and international reputation for excellence in care, including spine, sports disorders and diagnosis and care of the whole person.
• The PM&R physicians work closely with colleagues in each of the Department’s 10 clinical divisions, and across the departments of neurological surgery, anesthesiology and radiology — to provide optimum care.
Academic Instruction: Academic responsibilities include active participation in, and commitment to, PM&R fellow, resident and medical student education, including:
• Clinical training and teaching.
• Participating in conferences, journal clubs and related activities.
Research: The faculty member will conduct research (clinical, basic science, translational and/or
biomechanics), working with researchers within the department and across Washington University
School of Medicine. Our research coordinators have a long history of research contribution, with a focus on treatment strategies and outcomes.
All applicants must have completed, or be in the process of completing, a PM&R fellowship training program. All applicants must be board certified or board eligible, and must be eligible to obtain a permanent Missouri medical license. Applicants should hold expertise in electromyography and ultrasound- and fluoroscopically-guided procedures and have a commitment to sports coverage.
A dedication to excellence in patient care and teaching, and an interest in clinical, basic science, translational and/or biomechanics research.
Please submit electronically a letter of interest and Curriculum Vitae to the email below.
Contact Phone: Kim Leahy, Administrative Assistant to Dr. Hunt (314-273-3898)
Visit us at: https://www.ortho.wustl.edu/
Devyani Hunt, MD
No end date
An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. It is the university’s policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran status, disability, or genetic information. Washington University seeks an exceptionally qualified and diverse faculty; women, minorities, protected veterans and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.