Faculty Position - Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Leader with the Program in Physical Therapy at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
The Program in Physical Therapy at Washington University School of Medicine is pleased to invite applications for a 12-month, full-time faculty position. We seek a highly motivated individual with strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills to lead Program-wide efforts to enhance diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). This person would be charged with development and implementation of a DEI strategic plan that cuts across our clinical, research and education missions. They would also serve as a Program liaison to the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Washington University School of Medicine and have a role in outreach and recruitment. Dependent upon qualifications, this position would also include opportunities for teaching, research and/or clinical practice.
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience with fostering diversity, equity and inclusion
- An earned doctorate (DPT, PhD, DSc, EdD) degree
- Record of scholarly activity
- Ability to work well at all levels in a complex and diverse environment, fostering a spirit of collaboration with faculty, colleagues, staff, administrators, patients and students
- Experience with strategic planning, program development, outreach, marketing and/or recruitment
- History of teaching in a physical therapy curriculum
- Interest in social determinants of health, health equity and wellness
Appointment for this faculty position may be at any rank (Instructor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor) on any track (Research, Clinician, Investigator) dependent upon qualifications. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with credentials and experience. For more information about the Program in Physical Therapy and Washington University, visit our website at https://pt.wustl.edu/.
Applications are requested by May 15, 2021. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications should include a cover letter describing your professional experiences and qualifications for the role. Applicants should also submit curriculum vitae and the names and contact information of three references. These materials must be submitted in a single electronic file at https://facultyopportunities.wustl.edu/.
Gammon M. Earhart, PT, PhD
No end date
An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Washington University seeks an exceptionally qualified and diverse faculty; women, minorities, protected veterans and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.