The Division of Urological Surgery at the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis and Barnes-Jewish Hospital is seeking applicants for a faculty position in Urological Surgery. Requirements are prior UrologicalSurgery fellowship training and adequate case numbers for certification. Interested individuals should send a copy of their CV and statement of interest to: email@example.com. Washington University School of Medicine is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
All of the faculty in the Department of Surgery support the tripartite mission of clinical excellence, exceptional resident education and world class research.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a board certified/eligible general surgeon
- Be fellowship trained in Urological Surgery
- Have demonstrated clinical excellence
- Be recognized nationally for academic excellence in patient care, teaching and research and be acknowledged among his/her peers as a visionary thinker
- Support and promote the concept of patient centered care within a multidisciplinary clinical environment, and an understanding of the current forces in medicine and work with the Departmental and Divisional leadership in strategic growth of the service
- Have demonstrated clinical leadership experience for advancing outcomes in quality, performance management, growth in academic initiatives
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other professionals to advance clinical programs, educational mission and research
- Provide surgical leadership and mentorship of junior faculty, as well as fellows and residents in training
- Promote and participate in research as necessary
- Participate in and promote faculty opportunities for philanthropy to fulfill needed funding for various programs and services
No end date
An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Washington University seeks an exceptionally qualified and diverse faculty; women, minorities, protected veterans and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.