Clinical Faculty Position with the Program in Physical Therapy at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
The Program in Physical Therapy at Washington University School of Medicine is pleased to invite applications for 12-month, full-time faculty positions on the Clinician Track. We seek highly motivated individuals with strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills for positions including both clinical practice and teaching within the professional educational (DPT) program. The allocation of time between patient care and teaching will be tailored to the strength of the individual. Teaching assignments will be determined based on the applicant’s area of expertise.
- Graduation from a CAPTE (or its equivalent) Accredited Professional Program in Physical Therapy
- An earned doctorate (DPT, PhD, DSc, EdD) degree
- Licensed (or eligible for licensure) to practice physical therapy in Missouri
- Experience in clinical practice and teaching in a physical therapy curriculum which could include lab instruction
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Specialist certification as approved by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS)
- Experience in teaching and practice in one of the following areas: musculoskeletal, cardiopulmonary, pediatrics, or geriatrics
- Record of scholarly activity
- Ability to work well at all levels in a complex and diverse environment, fostering a spirit of collaboration with faculty, colleagues, staff, administrators, patients and students
- Interest in participating in interprofessional education, or leading diversity and inclusion activities
Applications are requested by December 1, 2019. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Applications should include a cover letter describing your professional experiences in the areas of clinical practice and teaching. Provide a description of your teaching philosophy and/or goals. Applicants should also submit curriculum vitae and the names and contact information of three references. These materials must be submitted in a single electronic file at https://facultyopportunities.wustl.edu/.
Appointment for this Clinician Track faculty position may be made at the rank of Instructor, Assistant or Associate Professor, dependent upon qualifications. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with credentials and experience. For more information about the Program in Physical Therapy and Washington University, visit our website at https://pt.wustl.edu/.
Nancy Bloom, PT, DPT, MSOT
No end date
An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Washington University seeks an exceptionally qualified and diverse faculty; women, minorities, protected veterans and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.