Inpatient Director - Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Saint Louis Children’s Hospital and BJC Healthcare invites applications for a full-time Child and Adolescent Psychiatry opening. The successful candidate will help to lead clinical programs including a new 14-bed inpatient unit at St. Louis Children’s Hospital, a freestanding and world-class children’s facility. The candidate will devote a majority of time to the inpatient service with up to 40% effort allocated to an additional program of choice in the Psychiatry Department.
The position will offer a faculty appointment with the Washington University School of Medicine, and administrative leadership titles are available.
- Interest in providing inpatient child and adolescent mental and behavioral health care
- Prior experience developing or leading an inpatient program preferred but not required
- Background in substance use disorders or developmental disabilities would complement the position but is not required
- Interface with the Department’s Center for Child and Family Development, where 6,000 outpatient visits occur annually as well as the consultation/liaison service and the St. Louis Children’s Hospital Emergency Department (where approximately 50,000 visits occur annually).
- Specialize in the assessment and treatment of children with serious and complex mental health conditions
- Participate in the training of psychiatry and pediatric residents and fellows as well as medical students at Washington University in St. Louis
Washington University values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, protected veteran or disability status.
About Saint Louis Children’s Hospital
St. Louis Children’s Hospital has provided specialized care for children for more than 130 years. US News & World Report ranks St. Louis Children’s among the best pediatric hospitals in the nation. In 2015 the hospital again received the Magnet designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center, the nation’s highest honor for nursing excellence. St. Louis Children’s Hospital is affiliated with Washington University School of Medicine, one of the leading medical research, teaching and patient care institutions in the nation. The hospital is a member of BJC HealthCare.
Applicant must meet these requirements:
- Board certified or board eligible in general psychiatry and child and adolescent psychiatry: Board certification must be completed within two years of employment
- Holds an active and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Missouri or ability to become licensed to practice medicine in the State of Missouri
No end date
An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Washington University seeks an exceptionally qualified and diverse faculty; women, minorities, protected veterans and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.